When searing to rent a room in London or finding flatshare across the UK, there are several things recommended to follow:
1. Dedicate time during the day to check for newly published rooms. Since good rooms in good housesahres in central locations in London are rented out very quickly, you should check often for newly created rooms ads to make sure you are not loosing out on good offers.
2. Post your own room wanted ad so other people who have an available room to rent and are looking for flatmates, will know you are looking for accommodation. Make sure to put a detailed ad of yourself and what you are looking for and to upload photos so your ad will more noticeable, helping you find a room quicker.
3. Compare and Save to favorites your best matching ads so you can screen to the flatshares which answers your requirements the best. To compare ads, just press the “add to comparison” list next to the rooms, flats, flatmates ads you like.
4. Read ads carefully to make sure the property fits to your needs (move in date, area, tube line access, etc.) and to save time on sending/reading replies for ads which do not match your search.
5. know what to ask the other flatmate/landlord when contacting them. Prepare a list of questions, tell a bit about yourself, know from when you will need to rent the place and for how long will you stay and be ready to drop by and see the property on the scheduled viewing day.
6. protect your online privacy. don’t send monies via wire transfers without seeing the property first. if you have to send it, then try sending only to reliable agencies with recommendations. read our online safety tips for more info.