Founded in 1899, the LSHTM (or the London School) is a constituent college of the federal University of London specialised in public health and tropical medicine.
The school teachings are conducted in these faculties:
- Faculty of Epidemiology and Population Health
- Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases
- Faculty of Public Health and Policy
Rankings and awards:
- LSHTM is considered one of the most prestigious postgraduate institutions in public health in the world.
- The UK Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) confirmed in 2008 the School as a world leading centre for research.
- LSHTM was ranked in 2008 as one of the top three research institutions in the UK in the Times Higher Education Table of Excellence.
International students in LSHTM:
- The school has around 4000 students coming from over 100 counties as well as a multicultural stuff coming from over 60 countries.
- The school’s alumni work in over 180 countries.