University of Roehampton
The university of Roehampton has its roots in the 19th century, Originally, Institute Rouhempton formed of four colleges, which were founded in the 19th century. In 2000, it joined with the University of Surrey, and in 2004 was transformed into the University Rouhempton, which is currently situated on three major sites in south west London., with current enrollment of around 9,000 students, with close to 10% of those are international students. The university has students coming from over 130 countries, taking part in its leading teachings in various undergraduate and postgraduate course.
University of Roehampton is located near the city center, in a charming green area, the only city university campus located in the park area. University of Roehampton is also constantly ranked high as a higher education institution in the UK.
The academic departments in Roehampton:
- Department of Dance
- Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance
- Department of Education
- Department of English and Creative Writing
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Life Sciences
- Department of Media, Culture and Language
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Social Sciences
- Roehampton University Business School
Rankings and awards:
- Roehampton University was ranked first in the country for Dance and Biological Anthropology in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).
- The University is the top post-92 university in London for students finding employment after they graduate.
University of Roehampton accommodation:
The University provides assistance for local and international students in need of accommodation during their studies at the University of Roehampton, regardless of the accommodation and housing option the student chooses, which range from fully furnished on-campus rooms to rent, to student halls in London’s zone 1 or off campus accommodation in privetly rented flats, or flat sharing in Roehampton or renting a room near the university.