Lee has a room for rent - RoomMatesUK.com
- Green areas
- Pastime locations (restaturants, coffee shops, clubs, etc.)
- Grocery store
- Fitness center
If you would like to organise a video call or come for a viewing, please give us a shout at 07983938367! Sophie and Lee :)
I am leaving this flat after 3 years because I am moving in with my partner. I am moving out on Friday the 4th of September 2020 which means you can move in on Saturday the 5th.
The property is a 3-bedroom apartment with a very large living room, massive separate kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, located in Ashworth Mansions in Maida Vale.
The rent is Â£840 per month paid on the 1st of each month, and includes all bills except for TV licence and cleaning which you will need to pay for separately.
The deposit is Â£800 and is registered with a deposit protection scheme.
The current flatmates are 2 lovely ladies, the best flatmates I have ever had to be honest. They are professionals in their 30's, very clean and tidy. That is not to say we're a boring household. We have a lot of fun, organise game nights and dinners, go out a lot, enjoy our lovely communal garden, and generally cook, chat and support one another.
Below I include a short description of the property, if you want to come view it and meet the current residents just give us a shout.
1. LIVING ROOM - The living room has a TV (which belongs to one of the flatmates but she's been nice enough to share it with us), a pull-out corner sofa, and a dining table which I recently converted to a work desk since I've had to work from home throughout the pandemic. We also have a very decent collection of games.
2. KITCHEN - has all appliances imaginable most of which we share. Admittedly I do not use anything since I am a take-away/eat-out person, however the girls are amazing cooks and enjoy cooking a lot. We have a fridge, freezer, microwave, a very extensive collection of seed, sunflower, olive oils and vinegars of all sorts. There is a washing machine and a separate dryer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, kettle, 2 types of toasters, juicers, about 20 different pans and pots, a massive collection of tupperware. Cooking books, wine glasses and generally all cutlery and crockery you can imagine. The kitchen has a second dining table which is extremely convenient when having 2 dinners with 2 groups of visitors.
3. CORRIDOR - has 2 built-in storage cupboards, extensive shoe storage (1/2 of which I will remove when I move), a coat hanger.
4. BATHROOM - you will share the main bathroom with 1 of the flatmates as the 3rd flatmate has her own ensuite. The shared bathroom is very spacious and most importantly, clean. It has a laundry basket, cupboards, mirrors, sink, toilet, bathtub.
5. YOUR ROOM - the room will come with a bed only, and even that only if you want it to. I will remove all my furniture including my chair, mirror, whiteboard, book & makeup storage you can see in the photos. I bought the bed for Â£300 and the memory mattress for another Â£300 when I moved in 3 years ago. The bed is a 3/4 bed (130 x 190 cm) and has storage inside (massive storage). If you want to keep it, I am happy to give it to you for Â£50. If you want it removed, please let me know so I can arrange pick-up service.
The best thing about the flat and why I stayed for so long apart from my flatmates being lovely people, is that the walls are very thick and the rooms are very far from one another. As you can see on the floor plan, it is well thought-out and you will NEVER hear any noise from anywhere. Same goes for you, if you listen to music / watch movies in your room, others won't hear you.
6. COMMUNAL GARDENS - just like all mansion blocks in Maida Vale, Little Venice and St John's Wood, our building has a beautiful garden with chairs, benches, dining tables. As you can see in the photographs it is massive. Even though you cannot shout or organise rave parties in it, it is nice to work in, sunbathe in privacy you'd never get in the Paddington Recreation Ground. We use it to have drinks and lunches / dinners when friends visit, we use it when we just want to lie down, read magazines and chill. The garden is extremely well maintained by the Ashworth caretaker. If you want to organise a BBQ, you can rent a grill from him free of charge.
7. GENERAL ENVIRONMENT - our rubbish gets picked up by the Ashworth caretaker every morning at 9am from the front of our door every day except for Sundays and Bank Holidays. The caretaker also maintains the corridors and stairs of the block, washes the windows and has been disinfecting the building in general every Friday since the pandemic started.
All the neighbours are lovely, I know them all and I get on with them really well. The gate to Paddington Rec is a 1-minute walk from your door, what more than a park with sports grounds and tennis courts would you want?
Our agency will require background checks, which will take 2-3 weeks to process. You will need to provide:
- previous landlord's references
- employment references
- copy of latest P60
- last 3 months' payslips
- last 3 months' bank statements
- copy of your passport & UK visa ( if applicable )
- proof of current address
- copy of an independent credit check report, e. g. Maras
Let us know if you have any questions or would like to arrange a viewing, contact Lee.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Dec 01 - Oct 02