TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Welcome to RoomMatesUK (the Platform, Website, Site), presented by Dunaportal 2010 kft. (We, Us, and Our), a company registered in Hungary with company number: 01 09 954963, registered at 1075 Budapest, Kazinczy utca 47, Hungary.
4. roommatesuk.com (also accessible via URL address: roommatesuk.co.uk) is operated by dunaportal 2010 kft, company registration number 01-09-954963, VAT number 23156638. registered seat of office: 1075 Budapest, Kazinczy utca 47, Hungary. For email contact: email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All material published on the Platform is published in good faith. We do not inspect any of the properties appearing on the site and cannot confirm or accept responsibility for the accuracy of any property details provided on the site. We strongly advise you to inspect the property thoroughly yourself before entering into any agreements.
2. We do not, under any circumstances, accept responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of any advertisement or message.
3. a) We do not endorse any of the users on the site and/or their published ads and cannot make any guarantees of the creditworthiness, honesty, behaviour, supplied data on the site, rental history and/or ability to pay rent of any of the users and visitors listed, visiting or using the Platform.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that any rooms, flats, houses, properties or tenancy arrangements are provided by members on the Platform and not by Us. We have no control over, nor accept any responsibility or liability for, any such arrangements or issues you may encounter with them.
3. b) We do not endorse any of the properties that appear (advertised by landlords and other room advertisers) and cannot make any guarantees of their availability, quality, compliance with relevant laws and regulations nor any guarantees about the reliability, honesty or behaviour of the landlords and cannot be held responsible for any resulting loss or damages of any nature whatsoever and however arising.
3. c) By submitting information to the site, dunaportal 2010 kft. has the perpetual worldwide right to use and distribute such information without restriction free of charge in any form and media now known or hereafter invented.
4. a) Advertisers on the site must only publish on the site information, which to the best of their knowledge, is true and accurate and not in any way misleading.
4. b) Advertisers on the site may not publish offensive content, this includes content that contains offensive language, overtly sexually explicit content, is unlawful, threatening, libellous, abusive, harmful, bigoted, racially offensive, obscene or harassing. Further Advertisers may not publish content that encourages behaviour that may constitute a criminal offence, result in civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
4. c) Advertisers on the site warrant that all uploaded content (text, images, photos) are current and accurate representations of the property available for let and of the Advertisers themselves and that in any case, the copyright in the photographs are owned or controlled by the Advertiser.
4. d) Advertisers on the site warrant that all videos and photographs submitted by them and uploaded by dunaportal 2010 kft. do not contain material that may be regarded as sexually explicit, illegal, inflammatory, offensive or obscene.
4. e) Whilst dunaportal 2010 kft. tries to moderate all content, dunaportal 2010 kft. does not guarantee that offensive or inappropriate material will be immediately removed or deleted from the site. Failure by dunaportal 2010 kft. to remove or delete offensive or inappropriate content does not waive dunaportal 2010 kft. right to remove or delete or edit at its sole discretion and as it sees fit any advert deemed as offensive or which contains inappropriate content in subsequent or similar cases. dunaportal 2010 kft is not obliged to give any notification whatsoever to the Advertises whose advert has been edited.
4. f) dunaportal 2010 kft does not allow the use of automation software to send multiple messages through the user to the user messaging system. Users found to be repeatedly sending multiple automated emails may have their accounts suspended and, in some cases, cancelled or blocked and their messages deleted without dunaportal 2010 kft provide and notification or reason.
4. g) Advertisers on the site are not allowed to include in their advertisements and or in their electronic communication with other members and or visitors of the site any external links, URL's, references to other websites by website address or name, private email addresses and telephone numbers unless authorized to do so by upgrading their account. In case of upgrading their account, advertisers will be allowed to include in their advertisements and or electronic communication with other members and or visitors of the site, only one external link to their own personal and or own employment office website as a self-marketing feature and their own personal or business email address and phone numbers. dunaportal 2010 kft reserves the right to edit/delete without any notification to members any reference or data inserted in advertisements that are not in accordance with the above-detailed permissions or any data inserted on multiple sites which might cause a duplicate content issue which in turn might cause SERP penalties. dunaportal 2010 kft will do its best to keep the original intent of the Advertisers while doing as minimal and as minor text changes as possible to adhere to Google's guidelines for duplicate content-related issues, with an aim to increase SERP quality and exposure of Advertisers ads for the mutual benefit of dunaportal 2010 kft and the Advertisers.
4. h) Users must not hack into or otherwise disrupt dunaportal 2010 kft systems or site. This includes (but is not limited to) using automated programs, spiders, web crawlers or robots to access or harvest data for use on external websites or for marketing purposes of any kind. Such actions are prohibited and will be considered a misuse of the system.
5. a) dunaportal 2010 kft reserves the right to refuse to list and/or deactivate advertisements and or profiles as well as the right to delete or edit any content within an advertisement which it deems is in violation of paragraph 4 above. In such cases, no refunds will be given and dunaportal 2010 kft reserves the right to cancel contractual relations with any Advertiser without any notice and without any obligation of providing any notification of any sort. In the event dunaportal 2010 kft receives one or more complaints about an advertisement or advertiser, dunaportal 2010 kft reserves the right to temporarily and or permanently suspend and or delete the advertisement or account in question while it investigates the matter.
5. b) dunaportal 2010 kft reserves the right to stop the accounts of any users found to be previously banned or in contravention of dunaportal 2010 kft. terms and conditions. In such cases, the account holder will not be notified and any monies paid will be retained by dunaportal 2010 kft to cover dunaportal 2010 kft. costs.
5. c) Where the Advertiser is a trade advertiser cancellation may occur anytime between the placing of the order with dunaportal 2010 kft and 3 working days prior to the agreed publication date of the advertisement.
5. d) Where the Advertiser is a consumer pursuant to the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 they may cancel the placement of an advertisement within 7 days of the day after the day that the order was placed. The consumer accepts that where dunaportal 2010 kft has begun providing services in relation to the Advertisement before the expiry of the 7 day period the right to cancel is lost. The consumer agrees that dunaportal 2010 kft will begin providing services in relation to the order 3 working days prior to the agreed publication date of the advertisement and a valid cancellation can only occur prior to the commencement of such services.
5. e) Where dunaportal 2010 kft commits a publishing error in relation to an advertisement the Advertiser may cancel the order and shall be entitled to a refund or allow dunaportal 2010 kft to republish the advertisement or adjust the cost. The right of cancellation, republish, refund and adjustment shall not apply where the error or misprint fails to materially detract from the totality of the advertisement.
6. dunaportal 2010 kft reserves the right to publish adverts across the site and/or network of sites related to the operation of the site and to the benefit of the Advertiser as well as uploading to relevant portal websites (without the Advertiser personal details). There portal websites might be not managed/owned/directly affiliated with dunaportal 2010 kft.
LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
7. a) Due to the nature of software and the internet, dunaportal 2010 kft cannot guarantee uninterrupted or error-free access to or running of this site or the transactions conducted through it. dunaportal 2010 kft shall not be liable for any failure in processing your details due to software or internet errors or viruses or unavailability, or circumstances beyond dunaportal 2010 kft.s reasonable control.
7. b) dunaportal 2010 kft do not accept liability of any description (except for personal injury or death) including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the site or its contents.
7. c) Whilst dunaportal 2010 kft make every effort to ensure accuracy, the pages contained in the site may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. dunaportal 2010 kft assumes no responsibility for and disclaims all liability for any errors or omissions in the site or any related sites affiliated with it.
7. d) dunaportal 2010 kft. reserve the right to amend and update information on the site. dunaportal 2010 kft. accept neither responsibility for keeping the information in these pages up to date nor liability for any failure to do so.
7. e) All express or implied terms, conditions, warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to dunaportal 2010 kft. service, the site or any information or service provided through the site are strictly excluded. dunaportal 2010 kft . will do its best to ensure that all materials and information published on the site is accurate, however, all materials and information on the site are provided on an 'as is' basis.
7. f) IN NO EVENT SHALL DUNAPORTAL2010 KFT. OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU AS USER OR ADVERTISER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS REVENUE, PROFITS OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS WHETHER OR NOT DUNAPORTAL 2010 KFT. HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH DUNAPORTAL 2010 KFT. SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR ANY WEB SITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM THE SITE (i.e.: roommatesuk.com and or roommatesuk.co.uk)
7. g) Limitation of liability
you agree that We shall not be liable for:
(a) any indirect loss, claim or damage, or any punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind; or
(b) any direct or indirect loss of profit, anticipated savings, opportunity or business and loss, corruption or damage to data,
in each case whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with: (i) any use of this Platform or the services provided through it; (ii) any failure or delay in the use of any component of the Platform or any service including, without limitation, any unavailability of the Platform or the services provided through it irrespective of the duration of any period of unavailability; (iii) any use of or reliance upon any ads, information, material, or other products or services offered through the Platform, in all cases even if we have been forewarned of the possibility of such loss or damage; and (iv) any tenancy or lodging arrangements of any kind that you enter into as a result of using our Platform. Subject to the above, in any way, our total aggregate liability to you under these Terms whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise shall be limited to direct losses not to exceed the greater of: (a) total payments you have made to Us for services offered to you through the Platform in the 12 months preceding your claim; and (b) 250. This relates to payments made directly to Us for services, and not to any entity publishing their property or properties on the Platform.
COPYRIGHT & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
8. a) You may view the site and print hard copies of material on it for your personal, non-commercial use. You may also permit your computer to make a transient copy of the contents of the site for online viewing only. You may not copy any contents of the site to third parties, including but not limited to, caching. Any infringement of dunaportal 2010 kft.s intellectual property rights including through copying whether, in electronic, hard copy or another format, distribution, adaptation, broadcasting, republishing is prohibited and shall be strictly enforced.
8. b) Unless otherwise specified the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the contents of all the pages in this website are owned or licensed to dunaportal 2010 kft.
9. When you register with the site, you will select or be assigned a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account, including any email sent and any charges incurred. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and dunaportal 2010 kft. reserves the right to immediately terminate your account in the event of any unauthorized transfer or sharing thereof.
10. dunaportal 2010 kft.s terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
11. The placing of an order for an advertisement amounts to an acceptance of these terms to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No variation shall be binding unless agreed in writing.
12. If any provision of these terms is held to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part, these terms shall continue to be valid as to the other provisions and the remainder of the affected provision. No waiver by dunaportal 2010 kft.shall be effective except in relation to the matter in respect of which it was specifically given.
13. Nothing in these terms is intended to confer on any person any right to enforce any provision of these terms which that person would not have had but for the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
14. These terms shall be construed under and governed by the laws of Hungary and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hungarian Courts.
When you provide personal information to roommatesuk.com and or roommatesuk.co.uk (Site), the data controller is dunaportal 2010 kft. (Provider). The United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1988 (Act) gives United Kingdom users the right to access information that is held about them.
The Provider takes the privacy of our users seriously.
As part of the Providers services, advertisers and users will register to the Site and the Provider may ask your personal information, including such things as:
• First name or first and last names of the user
• Gender, date of birth, age.
• Occupation, spoken languages, hobbies.
• Your email address and telephone number
• Location, sexual orientation.
If users are asked to submit sensitive personal data under the Act, such as their sexual orientation, the site will require your explicit consent before processing such data by using an 'opt in' box.
The Provider will never divulge information that does not constitute a part of the actual advert.
Your email address is not made available on-screen to anyone unless filled by you in the description free text box. If you have not filled your email address in the description free text box, then the only way of making contact with an advertiser is to enter a message and the Provider will send an email on the users behalf. The recipient will receive your e-mail address with the message so that they can reply directly to you. Clearly, by choosing to contact the advertiser you are consenting to disclose your e-mail address to them.
Except where you are expressly informed otherwise, the Provider will not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any of your personal information, unless required by law or for the protection of your membership. However, the Provider may share profile information and aggregate usage information in a non-personally identifiable manner with advertisers and other third parties in order to present to members and other users of the Providers services more targeted advertising, products and services. In such situations, the Provider will never disclose information that would personally identify you.
Except as otherwise described in this privacy statement, the Provider will not disclose personal information to any third party unless the Provider believes that disclosure is necessary: (1) to comply with any laws, rules or regulations of duly constituted governmental authorities; (2) to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by us, whether or not a response is required by applicable law; (3) to enforce the Providers Terms and conditions Agreement or to otherwise protect the legal rights of dunaportal 2010 kft.; or (4) to protect the security or safety of members of the public and Users. The Provider reserves the right to transfer personal information to a successor in interest that acquires rights to that information as a result of (a) the sale of dunaportal 2010 kft. or (b) a sale of substantially all of the assets of dunaportal 2010 kft. or (c) any member of any dunaportal 2010 kft. group of companies if applicable.
Dunaportal 2010 kft. reserves the right to monitor conversations sent through its platform in order to increase protection from fraud, spam or suspicious behaviour.
The Provider will only send you emails pertaining to your activities on the site. Including, but not limited to confirmation of registration; notice of advert expiry; emails relating to services purchased from us; messages sent on behalf of other users in response to your advert(s); warnings of messages from malevolent users; advert upgrade offers and reminders of key-related services on offer as well events and promotional services from the Providers affiliates and or partners. You can unsubscribe from the promotional list by unchecking the box in your control panel, under the settings link. The vast majority of these emails will cease when you remove any adverts and/or stop using the Site. You can request for your account to be completely de-activated at any time by contacting us.
Optionally, the Provider may also send you email alerts of adverts suited to your requirements.
Optionally, the Provider may occasionally send you newsletters about the Site pending you give us your prior consent when registering. These could contain related topics in the news; important information about changes to the laws affecting flatsharing; products or services from associated sites that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of this service at any time.
The account of every member is protected by a member-created password. While the Provider cannot guarantee the security of member account information, the Provider takes reasonable precautions to protect the information of its members, as well as information collected from other users. The Provider uses industry-standard or better measures to protect all information that is stored on the Providers servers and within its database. The Provider limits the access to this information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions such as the Providers customer service personnel and technical staff. If you have any questions about the security measures of the Site, please contact the Provider.
Payment for advertisements and/or other services is done so via PayPal or via the users own internet banking system. actual credit card information is processed, nor stored on the Providers server.
Advertisers can remove and update their advertisements whenever they wish.
Dunaportal 2010 kft. is registered with the Hungarian ombudsman for full compliance with the Data Protection Act
Roommatesuk.com (also accessible via URL roommatesuk.co.uk) is operated by dunaportal 2010 kft, company registration number 01-09-954963. VAT number 23156638. registered seat of office: 1075 Budapest, Kazinczy utca 47, Hungary.